Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Infinity Scarf and Arm Knitting

  I finally learned how to knit. It was maybe my third try, so I was somewhat familiar with it. I do better by watching someone else, so I watched a bunch of YouTube videos one weekend until I got it down. My purl stitch is still rusty, but I'll get it soon. One of the videos I saw was "arm knitting." I thought that was very interesting. All you need is yarn. Your arms are your knitting needles -why didn't I think of that? Well, I did just learn how to knit after all. So I tried it out and made an infinity scarf. Not bad for my first try! Have you tried arm knitting? Here is one of the videos that I watched:  -click here-.

  I love infinity scarves. There are so many possibilities. 









2 comments:

megan.leigh said...

Hello. I understand bye concept and have made quite a few but mine are messy-or-tight in cast off-or just not very polished like yours. Any tips?

daperfectmix said...

Hi Megan, I haven't perfected the cast off and join either. I just make sure to keep the joined section hidden somehow while wearing the scarf. You can't see it in any of the pictures, because it is always in the back or covered. Sorry, I don't have any other tips. Maybe as I make more I can figure out how to make that part better.