Sunday, July 27, 2014

Crochet Baby Photo Props

   I may have lost my mojo for a little while. I haven't been crocheting or crafting much lately. Maybe because it's summer time. I usually slow down during the summer, but not this much. I think this was more like a writer's block or crochet block, if you will. So I picked up a hook the other day and decided to get stitchin'. I'm in the process of making some photo props for a friend. I don't have any baby models, so you won't really get the full effect with my pictures. The first thing I made was a baby nest. I found the pattern on Ravelry and you can find it at this link. Hopefully it's a good size for her models.


   The next one is a Mermaid tail. I got the pattern for the tail at this link. The pattern is written in UK terms, so I had to frog it a few times before I figured that out. DC = SC, TR = DC. The shell increasing and decreasing was a little confusing, but once I got it, it wasn't so bad. I did something different for the fin. I felt like the fin in the pattern is a bit too small. I would think you need a rather large fin to swim around as a mermaid, but who knows for sure?  I made my own fin pattern, which I will post later. I got the idea for the fin at this link. The shell and starfish patterns can be found here. All of the linked crochet patterns are free! If you decide to try them and run into problems or get stuck, I will be happy to help you out. Just leave a comment or email me.



6 comments:

Stacy said...

So cute! What yarn did you use? Brand? Color?

daperfectmix said...

Thank you! I believe the brown cocoon was a Lion Brand yarn and the mermaid tail was a Red Heart multi colored yarn, but I don't remember the color name.

Lisa Ritter said...

How did you do the body of the tail? Not the fin, but the rest of the tail. Is there a written pattern for it? If so, I would love to get it.

daperfectmix said...

Hi Lisa, the body of the tail can be found at http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2013/apr/23/make-sleep-sack-baby-mermaid-tail

Unknown said...

Did you ever post your fin pattern?

daperfectmix said...

My tail fin pattern can be found at http://daperfectmix.blogspot.com/p/free-crochet-patterns.html