Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Freeform Crochet

 

   I found this interesting book at the library recently. Creative Crochet Lace by Myra Wood. I didn't get through the whole book yet, but I just wanted to share my first freeform swatch with you. This technique is called "funky filet." In this exercise, I took groups of 5 double crochet and did whatever I felt in each grouping as long as I had 5 stitches in each group. It could be 5dc, or 3chains and 2dc, or 5chains, or 1ch 2dc and 2ch... You get the picture. The point is to keep the work flat which is why you keep track of your stitches. I did about 6 rows and here is my funky filet swatch. There are four other techniques for freeform in the book that I have yet to learn.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good idea I like how your swatch turned out ;0)