Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Jute Projects

  I made my trip to Hobby Lobby and bought some more jute to finish my hanging planters. I bought the same kind, but it was a little thinner than the one I had. It still worked out fine. Now I have to make a trip to the nursery. Someone suggested some succulent plants, so I will be looking for some that my non-green thumb can handle.

 

  Here's what I did with some of the leftover jute.  This was an easy project. I just used an old glass vase, and hot glued the jute around and around. I kept seeing it in different places so I decided to try it myself. 

  I made a simple doily for my poinsettia to sit on. Those are salt and pepper shakers inside the vases. We had them on small plates before because they leave a mess underneath them. I like them better like this.  I still have some jute left. Maybe I'll come up with some other project to make with it. 

1 comment:

Beth said...

Hmmm, this is great! I've been wanting to make some hanging planters for my balcony. Buying the hanging pots is so expensive. What pattern did you use for the planters?