Thursday, January 13, 2011

Newsboy cap order

 I've been working on this order for two newsboy caps. It's been a challenge doing the brim. The customer wants the brim to be stiff, so I've been playing with ideas and different brim patterns to be able to somehow put a plastic piece in the brim. The pattern that I used for the main part is the same one that I used before by Mimi Alelis. For the brim, I found a pattern here. I used plastic canvas for the insert. I think it came out pretty good, although it could probably use a little more tweaks. It still leans down a bit too low. What do you think?


4 comments:

Mimi said...

Cute hat!
Thanks for using my pattern :)

Kinyetta Lashawn said...

wow, that looks so amazing! I know that takes 1 lots of talent and 2 lots of patience to get that thing right, but it looks great, I would definitely where that! Can you take my order...I want one!

daperfectmix said...

Thank you! Of course, I would be happy to make one for you! You can make an order through my store at http://daperfectmix.weebly.com

Kinyetta Lashawn said...

I just received my messenger cap and it is mos def my favorite cap in the closet! Thanks so much Michelle, I really appreciate it!