Monday, February 22, 2010

The AnneMarie, Three Piece Set, Tote



This is what I've been working on lately. This tote is the beginning of a three piece set all in this burgundy color. I plan to make a beret and a scarf to go along with it. The free pattern for the tote can be found in this link. I didn't measure the gauge before I started, so my bag is way bigger than the pattern called for. I figured that it's just a tote and I could see how big or small it is while making it and I could adjust. It's the perfect size! I also winged it with the straps. I just did rows of 5 single crochet until it looked like a good length, then made another one the same size. I need to figure out how to sew a lining in it and it will be done. I was also thinking of crocheting some flowers on the outside.

 This set is going to be for the last sitter we had watching our kids before we moved. When she wasn't watching kids, I would always see her walking somewhere, whether it was to Church or to the mall, she loved walking, as long as the weather permitted. She loved to wear berets and always carried a big bag. I made her a beret last year and she wore it all the time. It made me feel good and paid for itself with the fact that I knew it wasn't going to sit in the corner of some closet. She will be surprised to receive this unexpected gift. I'm sure she will love it! I wish I could be there to see her open it.

No comments: